New to buying guns online?
Here are some basic instructions and how to properly several buy common firearms from Remington Outdoors. Take a look before you come in!
HOW TO BUY A GUN COMPLETELY LEGAL, AND ALSO COMPLETELY EASY.
Here at Remington Outdoors, we have has simplified the process of buying a gun online so you can easily add that handgun, rifle, or shotgun to your new or existing gun collection.
BUYING GUNS ONLINE ON REMINGTON OUTDOORS
Purchasing a firearm online is actually very easy! Just follow these simple steps:
Go to Account & Help then select my account. Log in if you already have an account; if you don’t you can hit Register and fill out the information to create one. Once you have done that log into your new account.
You may also check out as a guest and choose to set up an account after the order is complete.
Add the items that you would like to your cart and proceed to checkout.
Not sure what you’re looking for? Try these popular categories handguns, rifles, Shotguns, or Live Chat with one of our representatives!
Once you have found everything you are looking for, click on the cart button in the upper right-hand corner. Then click View Cart & Checkout to proceed. On the Shopping Cart page confirm your items are correct and then click Proceed to Checkout.
On the Shipping page, you will find a field to enter your zip code to locate an FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer near you. Once you’ve selected the FFL, finish filling out the remaining information required, and click Continue.
On the Payment, the page chooses your method of payment.
If using a card and your billing and shipping address are the same leave the box checked. If your billing address is different uncheck the box and enters your billing address.
Complete the remaining required fields, read and agree to the Terms & Conditions and click the Place Order button.
PICK UP YOUR FIREARM
Your firearm purchase will be shipped to your selected FFL dealer. Once it arrives, go to your FFL, inspect the firearm fully, complete a background check, and pick up your new firearm!
SHIPPING FIREARMS TO FFL
Selecting an FFL for your order:
Typically, dealers will charge a transfer fee when you pick up your firearm, so make sure to ask what their fee is. Please note that we do not arrange transfers for you. It is the customer’s responsibility to reach out to the dealer prior to purchase to ensure they will accept the transfer and find out if there are any requirements they may have.
TO HELP SPEED UP YOUR ORDER
Please make sure your dealer references both your name and your order number if they are sending a copy of their FFL for your order. In addition, please make sure to include your order number in any correspondence with us. You will receive your order number after you finish the checkout process.
Once we have the FFL for your purchase in hand we will process the order for shipment. Please note that processing times are separate from actual shipping times. Processing times prior to shipment of firearm orders are normally 1 to 3 business days providing we have the FFL information needed. If you choose an FFL from our list during checkout you do not need to have the FFL send us a copy of their license.
INSPECTING YOUR FIREARM
Please take your time to inspect all firearms thoroughly at the FFL dealer BEFORE proceeding with the transfer. Once a new firearm is transferred to you from the FFL it is considered used, even if unfired. Consequently, we will not be able to guarantee acceptance of the return. Also, we DO NOT reimburse FFL transfer fees on returned items. We do understand that some manufacturer defects may not be identifiable upon initial inspection. However, upon discovering a defect AFTER the transfer is accepted, the firearm MUST be returned directly to the manufacturer for replacement or repair (in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty policy). By sending a defective firearm directly to the manufacturer, you can avoid the unnecessary transfer fees of returning the firearm to us through your local FFL dealer. If we do receive a defective firearm that has already been transferred, we will simply forward the firearm to the manufacturer on your behalf. Manufacturer repaired firearms can be returned directly to the customer without additional FFL transfer or associated fees. However, if the manufacturer chooses to replace the firearm, the replacement firearm must transfer through your local FFL dealer to document the replacement firearm serial number. We will not cover any additional transfer fees if that situation occurs.
- Can a gun be sent to my house? No, all firearms must be sent to an FFL (federal firearms license) dealer.
- Do I need to have a background check? Yes, all firearms purchases require a federally mandated background check to be completed by the FFL dealer at the time the firearm is picked up.
- Can I have the background check done before buying a gun? No, the background check must be completed at the time the firearm is transferred from the FFL dealer to you.
- Do I need to have a license? Most states do not have a licensing requirement, but some local or state laws require a gun license. Cheaper Than Dirt! recommends you check with your local FFL dealer or refer to the NRA-ILA to check your state’s gun laws.
- Do I need to have a concealed carry permit? No, you do not need a carry permit to buy a gun online.
- Is it legal to buy a gun online? Yes! It is entirely legal to purchase a firearm online, but the firearm must be shipped to a licensed FFL dealer.
- Why does the firearm need to be shipped to an FFL? The Gun Control Act of 1968 outlined new rules for selling and transferring firearms. As a result, it is now federal law to have all firearms shipped to an FFL dealer so the person the firearm is being transferred to can fill out the proper paperwork and complete the required background check.